The role of an IIL Representative is to be:
- An ambassador on behalf of the Insurance Institute of London, promoting awareness of and encouraging participation in Insurance Institute of London and Chartered Insurance Institute activities
- An advocate for members to help guide them towards the help they need
Collectively, Representatives facilitate 2-way communication between the Institute’s members, Secretariat and Council and act as a focus group that assists the Officers and staff in fine-tuning member services.
- A member of the IIL and an enthusiastic supporter of it.
- Qualified to at least Cert CII level or equivalent with a kindred professional body.
- Representatives meet just four times a year. There being so few meetings, failure to attend two consecutive meetings without adequate explanation will result in the Representative being asked to stand down.
- Representatives have a key role at the following events so are expected to attend:
- Diploma awards and prize-giving evening
- Reception for members evening
- Representatives must be willing to allow their professional profile and contact details to be shown on the IIL website, to enable members to contact them.