Trinity Hall Tour
The Insurance Institute of Aberdeen is pleased to have the opportunity to invite members and accompanying partners/friends to a visit of Trinity Hall.
The tour will be provided by a member of the Seven Incorporated Trades of Aberdeen who has kindly agreed to arrange this for us and provide us with tea and coffee afterwards.
It is an ideal opportunity to meet with colleagues and peers from across the profession in an informal setting.
Brief History of Trinity Hall
The Incorporated Trades were a significant organisation in the development of Aberdeen.
Amongst its core activities were the development and passing on of craft skills through thecreation and regulation of apprenticeships and the delivery of quality control standardscitizens could rely on.
The original Trinity Hall building was built in the shell of the Monastery of the Red or TrinityFriars. It was opened in 1633 and located at present day Guild Street. With the railway'sarrival in 1847, a new location was found on Union Street which would be home for thenext 120 years. In 1967, the Incorporated Trades moved to its present site, at the cornerof Great Western Road and Holburn Street.
Among the historic treasures within Trinity Hall are trade records dating from Aberdeen'smedieval period. The Incorporated Trades' aims today include maintaining the heritage andstanding of its crafts in Aberdeen and delivering on its responsibilities to widows andretired members through support and benefits.
There is no cost to attend this event.
To note your interest please contact Susan Cochrane at email@example.com