Final Salary Pension Transfers
This course is now fully booked
This course is brought to you with Astute Pensions and delivered by Tom Ryan APFS.
The full day course is designed to develop knowledge on Defined Benefit Transfers, looking at final salary pension transfers including their background and what you need to be looking for. It will also include suitability reports and the current FCA thinking
Learning objectives. By the end of this course delegates will be able to describe:
- The main types of Defined Benefit schemes
- The rules and operation
- The factors to consider and the benefits on normal retirement, early retirement, ill health retirement and death
- The options to someone who has left the scheme and the considerations that need to be made
- How a TVAS is constructed and what assumptions need to be made
- What happens to a CETV if the assumptions change and the relationship between the assumptions
- How pensions freedoms have affected peoples' views on transferring out of a DB scheme
- The FCA current thinking on DB transfers
- What to look for when compliance checking a file
Tom has worked at Astute since March 2015 as the Business Development and Compliance Manager. Tom previously worked for the group that owned one of the largest SIPP providers in the UK as a Compliance and Training Manager, a role he held for 16 years. Tom has also served on the regional Personal Finance Society committee for 17 years. He is currently the Education officer for the region.
£100+VAT including lunch and refreshments.
Tea & coffee on arrival and during morning and afternoon breaks, buffet lunch served.
The course must receive a minimum number of six registrations to run. Registrations followed by non-attendance will incur the full charge as advertised to cover costs, unless three working days notice is given by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (cancellation confirmation will be provided). By proceeding with registration you agree to these terms & conditions. You will be invoiced directly by Astute Pensions.
Please do let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.