Retention of coverage counsel - part of the claims toolkit
In this IIL claims lecture Paul Schrieffer will provide members with specific criteria for evaluation of potential defence counsel, content of retention agreements, identifying reporting expectations, focused assignment and management of tasks and defining role of coverage counsel by claims manager as means to control claim expense.
The lecture will address the nature and role of coverage counsel in the claims adjustment process, effective selection and tasking of coverage counsel in the claims process, guidelines for coverage counsel on initial review of cover and as monitoring counsel in accepted tender claims, including reporting expectations.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The benefits of retaining coverage counsel as part of claims adjustment
- Key considerations in the selection of coverage counsel
- Effective tasking and use of coverage counsel as part of the claims adjustment process and coverage litigation
- Role of coverage counsel and monitoring defense of claims
Steve Taylor, Director UK, Claims Preparation, Advocacy and Valuation, Global Risk Consulting, Commercial Risk Solutions, Aon.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.