Social Media: making waves
In association with AIG and Marsh
Social media has a huge impact on our day to day lives but also has significant implications for business and your career.
The YMC recruited two specialist panels of speakers to help give a unique insight into these different perspectives. The panels included communications, insurance start-up and LinkedIn experts, as well as tech-savvy young professionals who have raised their profiles in insurance and beyond through social media.
Panel One - How can social media help you make waves by raising your profile in the profession
- Robbie Williamson - Account Director, LinkedIn Talent Solutions
- Oreoluwa Ogunbiyi - President at the Cambridge University African Caribbean Society and Human, Social & Political Sciences Undergraduate at Cambridge
- Honor Clement-Hayes - Head of Copy, Ingenie and winner at the Insurance Post Marketing & PR awards
Panel Two - How social media is making waves in business and insurance specifically
- Mark Pinnes - Deputy MD, Flagship Communications
- Bo-Erik Abrahamsson - Founder & CEO, Digital Fineprint
- Peter Clarke - Founder & MD, InsurerCore
By the end of this seminar members will have gained an insight into:
- How social media can be used to raise your profile in the profession
- How to use social media to raise awareness, share ideas and bring people together
- How social media is innovating and changing business, and insurance specifically
Kindly hosted by Marsh, each panel was followed by a Q&A session and guests then had an opportunity to meet the speakers and other members at a networking reception.
Please contact Lindsey Maddison (020 7397 3912) with any queries regarding this event or non-member registration.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.