Global Super Tanker
In this IIL aviation lecture Jim Wheeler outlined and discussed the modernisation and expansion of aerial firefighting as an effective way of reducing losses in wildland, marine, oil platform, and rail fires. The annual cost of these fires has increased significantly in the last few years with insurers having to bear a large share. In his lecture, Jim also presented a case for rapid deployment for fires, oil spill dispersal and potential remediation.
In his lecture, Jim offered the Global SuperTanker B747-500 as something that can make a difference. Speed and volume are essential to reducing fire losses and modern aircraft with significant speed and capacity can lower the losses of devastating fire situations.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- New tools available today to speed response to fires on land and sea lowering claims and costs
- The effectiveness of rapid response over land and water
- The future of saving lives and reducing property losses during catastrophic fire and oil spill situations
Jim Wheeler served in senior management leadership at Fed Ex for more than 25 years and as president and CEO of Evergreen International. He has consulted with several private equity firms. He is a 1969 graduate of Texas A&M University with a BBA in Finance.
David Sales FCII, Director, Aerospace at Ed Broking LLP.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to Lloyd's pass holders and CII and PFS/SMP members.
All attendees must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture.
All attendees must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport.
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.